If you are looking for a place to explore the outdoors, then Sturgeon Bay is the perfect destination. Where is sturgeon bay? It is situated right on Lake Michigan and provides endless opportunities to have fun in nature. In this article, Enjoyfuntrip will explore the top things to do in Sturgeon Bay with your friends and family. Whether planning a short getaway or an extended vacation, you can do plenty of things during your stay to make the most of your time.
5 Best Things To Do In Sturgeon Bay
Visit Sturgeon Bay
The thing that makes Sturgeon Bay a great place to visit, it is only 40 miles from the nearest major city, so you can drive there in about an hour. Sturgeon Bay is also home to many fantastic natural wonders, including the Wabasha River and Green Lake State Park, both popular summer recreational destinations for couples and families. This area resembles the beach in Panama City, another well-liked vacation spot where water-related activities take precedence.
There are many scenic drives in the area, and you can choose the one that suits your mood best. If you want something more adventurous, you can also choose to go on a scenic drive that will take you through several state parks in the area. You can visit the national parks in San Diego if you appreciate taking priority journeys to places like parks. It won’t disappoint you.
Go Kayaking And Other Water Sports
If you want to explore one of the top things to do in Sturgeon Bay, then kayaking is an ideal option. The water in Lake Michigan is warm and inviting, making it the perfect place for kayaking. You can explore the lake by kayak or by boat, and you can also explore the many state parks in the area.
The lakeshore is a great place to visit by boat, and you can explore the shores and the many beaches in the area. You can also go boating if you want to have a fun time. You can kayak in several places, such as the Sturgeon Bay marina, the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum, or the St. Joseph Peninsula. That is a great way to spend your time when you visit Sturgeon Bay.
Visit An Established Attraction
An established attraction is the best option if you want a fun-filled vacation. There are many attractions in the area that you can visit and make the most of your visit. Some of the most popular attractions in the area include the Sturgeon Bay Marina, the North Shore, the Northwoods, and the Heritage Village.
- The Sturgeon Bay Marina is a great place to visit if you want to explore the great outdoors. It is located in a natural setting and has several amenities that will make your stay pleasant.
- The Third Avenue Playhouse is a crucial and indispensable component of the Sturgeon Bay community’s arts and culture landscape. Since its founding, the theater has earned a reputation for producing more than 50 professional plays, concerts, musical performances, short films, staged readings, and other events. If you enjoy the arts or wish to read a compelling narrative, you must visit that location.
- The heritage village at Big Creek is an open-air museum in Sturgeon Bay. These nine historical structures illustrate Door County’s growth as a heritage village. Visitors can take a walking tour of the Madden Tool Museum, blacksmith demonstrations, church, old-style school, and other subjects. Visitors may even purchase items from their display or request custom-made items from the blacksmith if they like something.
Camping is the best option if you are looking for a unique way to spend your vacation. Several campgrounds in the area will provide you with all the amenities you need to have a wonderful time. You can visit one of the campgrounds situated near a natural setting to explore the great outdoors.
Camping at Potawatomi may be what you need for this activity. The park does not charge an entry fee for camping here overnight, among other things. You may set up all of your camping gear in advance. To fully prepare for a camping vacation with kids, go to Best Camping Cots For Kids.
Additionally, Green Bay runs alongside the park, providing two miles of water frontage. Fishing, canoeing, kayaking, and swimming are all available here. Sturgeon Bay and Door County residents frequently visit to admire the most breathtaking sunsets. Watching the sunset from kayaks is one of the most popular and preferred activities. The park has several miles of multipurpose trails for hiking, bicycling, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling.
Sample Some Local Cuisine
You can sample the local dishes prepared in the area and explore the many different cuisines available. You can visit the best restaurants in Sturgeon Bay and explore the many other cuisines available.
You can choose from a wide range of cuisines, such as Mexican, Italian, French, German and more. Plenty of restaurants in the area will serve you delicious food, and you can choose the place that suits your budget best.
- Al Johnson’s Swedish Restaurant. The restaurant’s sod roof is home to goats, which makes it the most popular in Sister Bay. In addition to Swedish pancakes with lingonberries, Swedish meatballs, and sandwiches, Al Johnson’s offers an authentic Swedish menu. It is open all year round.
- Renard’s Cheese offers over 50 varieties of cheeses. The Sturgeon Bay location provides a bistro named Melt, which serves homestyle comfort foods with a creative twist. Wine, sweet treats, savory snacks, dips, jams, and lots more can be purchased at the store. Our menu items are created with fresh local ingredients and our cheeses. Children can play at the playground while dining in either indoor or outdoor areas.
- Wild Tomato Wood Fired Pizza & Grille. There is only one wood-fired pizza restaurant in Door County. Pizza is their primary dish, but they also serve sandwiches and salads. During the summer months, they offer indoor and outdoor seating. They are open all year.
Sturgeon Bay is a great place to visit, and you can easily explore nature and the great outdoors and relax by visiting the many state parks, beaches, and marinas in the area. Sturgeon Bay is an excellent place to see if you are looking for a short or extended vacation. Consider our recommendations for things to do in Sturgeon Bay to make the most of your ideal holiday!
1 reply to Top 5 Things To Do When You Visit Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin